Friday, September 17, 2010

A Somber Return Home

So I just found out yesterday that my grandfather died. He was taking a nap when he had a heart attack and died. I have been really close to my grandfather since I was born. I feel devastated and confused. Every time I think about it my head gets fuzzy. I think I just haven't come to terms with it yet. I leave early tomorrow morning for home to see "him". At this point I believe that the shell being put in the box is no more my grandfather than the box itself. I firmly believe that he is with his savior and waiting for everyone else to join him. He was a very kind man. He also always knew just what to say or do to relieve the tension in any situation. He only made really serious topics things he did not joke about. He was also very smart. He did not go through much schooling, but he had worked hard his entire life and knew all that the world had in store for someone in their lifetime and was always willing to share those experiences. I really have nothing else I can say at the moment. Please keep me, the rest of my family, and my grandfather in your prayers for the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment